Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from May, 2011

Agility Ladder

My wife is back to attempting to complete the Insanity Workout to get back into shape after giving birth. I'll occasionally join her if I haven't already exercised during my lunch break. Her friend mentioned that there is also an Insanity Asylum workout. I looked that up and saw that an agility ladder is used.

I occasionally play ultimate frisbee, but I suck. I'm not fast and need to work on speed. The agility ladder would be a great help to increase speed. I like to make things and need to sprint faster so a DIY agility ladder just makes sense.

Cost wise, I think its cheaper to make one depending on the materials you use. There are many tutorials out there that use a variety of materials (duct tape, pvc pipes, and rope just to name a few). Here is my take on a DIY agility ladder.

Table of ContentsSummaryGetting Ready
MaterialsToolsLattice CuttingHole DrillingAssemblyExtra
Summary

Project: Agility Ladders (His & Hers)
Project Time: About 2 hours
Material Cost: Around $25

Ea…

Stewart Macdonald Tenor Ukulele Kit part 5

I finally finished up gluing the soundboard to the sides. I took so long mainly due to lack of equipment and supplies. My chisels were a bit dull and needed sharpening. I like to use the The D&S Scary Sharp(TM) System of sharpening but this time I was out of sandpaper. Took awhile before I found time to get the sandpaper I needed. After sharpening my chisel super sharp, shaping the braces were a breeze. The chisel cut through the braces like butter. I did not cut the braces to length at this time.


Following the directions, I used a turnbuckle to clamp the side to the jig. I found that the back portion of the side did not sit flush to the jig. The cause was that the dowels holding in the waist line were not perfectly perpendicular to the jig base. I thought I could remedy this by wedging in card stock so that the ukulele side would sit perpendicular to the base. This turned out to be a problem later on (but could have been avoided). To sand the top flat, I used a sheet of sandpaper…

Stewart Macdonald Tenor Ukulele Kit part 4

Yay, I finally got around to writing up this post. I could have done the following while waiting for the glue to dry or waiting for the new side to come in. But, like I said, this is my first build so I'll just stick to the order given in the instruction manual.

Here I transfered the lines from the template to the ukulele top. I wasn't paying attention and drew the lines for the lower back brace.


Adding the sound hole purfling was pretty easy. The strips fit nice and snug in the channel. I used a bit of tape to hold it down while I cut each plastic strip to size. I cut each strip individually on a piece of thin card board to protect the sound board.


My messy CA job. I just used "The Original Super Glue", well that is what it said on the little yellow tube.


The back braces were easy, just clamp and glue. I used spring clamps as shown in the instruction manual. However, the clamps on each end of the brace didn't seem to be enough as the center of the braces did …